Rehumanizing Education with Unforgettable Experiences - Educators/Education Associations
There was a time when the goal of education was to impart information. That time has passed. Information is now freely available, but information doesn’t change people. Curriculum? Subjects? Classrooms? All are necessary but not sufficient. School itself must be reinvented. Students need relevant skills and guidance. Teachers must become coaches and curators. Thankfully, these complex transformations can be guided by a simple focus: Experiences.
The idea of changing education seems daunting. But everyone already feels overworked, under-appreciated, and tapped-out, so what do we have to lose? We can steal the best practices, discard the irrelevant, and empower teachers to do the jobs they signed up for.
What if the pathway to reinventing education could actually be FUN?
- The characteristics of unforgettable experiences.
- How to leverage experiences into transformational educational moments
- How to save time by focusing on the moments that matter
The Best Career for You - Students
Society is full of bad ideas about careers that stress out students. By busting some myths about life after high school, students will find themselves feeling more free to explore and try new things. Joel’s keynote will help show students that there’s not a “best” career at all! By getting beyond the pressure and stress, students can discover a path that’s fulfilling for them!
- You don’t have to have it all figured out by graduation!
- The “University is best” mentality is outdated; every path has its benefits!
- You don’t know what you like until you try it.
Wellness 101 - Students
These are wild times. Self-care is important, but it’s not enough. We need to change the way we approach wellness in schools. Joel’s keynote helps normalize the struggles we all face, and it gives students practical tools to support friends, family, and themselves through tough times. You’ll be surprised how fun a presentation about wellness can be!
- Self-compassion for all our unique struggles
- Two practical approaches to dealing with tough times
- Conversation strategies to support students in need
Brainsprouting: How to Become Fearlessly Creative & Have Better Ideas More Often
Unlock your hidden creative talents, generate hundreds of innovative ideas, and learn facilitation techniques to maximize your team’s creativity.
REQUEST TO BOOK Joel Hilchey
If comfortable, please use a personal email as many school boards have blocked external emails.